Friday, May 12, 2006
- Solicitor phones to say there is a problem in cashing the cheque I have given them. I tell them of course there is a problem, the money isn't in my current account - I only gave them the cheque to hold on just incase everything went through while I was out of the country. We are nowhere nearer completion that we were 4 months ago, so why do they need to cash the cheque?
- Solicitor also tells me that she is not happy with the lease arrangement (old news) and she has written to tell me this and lay out her concerns again. I tell her 'thanks but no thanks' I understand her concerns, but I do not care. I ask solicitor about problem with building's society and she doesn't know where we are with them, but doesn't think we can get the money from them. I offer to phone building's society
- Check bank statement and find that the cheque has been rejected twice and I have been charged 50 UKP in fees
- Phone head office of building society and try to explain the problem to them. They insist that it has to be a block policy. I tell them I have spoken to regional office and they have never had this problem before, they tell me it has to be block policy. I tell them there are probably 100s of places that do not comply with this, that they own in NE. They tell me it has to be block policy.
- Phone regional office of building society again. They don't understand why am having problems with head office. They will investigate.
- Regional office phone back to say that my solicitor is right all along and that this is a loop hole that everyone normally ignores. They didn't realise themselves that it was a problem. Seems like I have reached a dead end with building society
- Phone solicitor back to discuss options. Discuss possibility of approaching downstairs again about block policy, about starting again with a new building society, I am worried that the same thing will happen again and so suggest that I also change solicitors. I will think about it.
- Phone local branch of Halifax about new mortgage. This is same building society as downstairs are using, so we can use this as an argument over issues with the insurance. They will phone me back on Monday.
Comments: Post a Comment