<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 02, 2005

can you spare...? 

You used to know where you stood with beggers. They ask for some money which you were pretty sure they'd spend on strong cider or fortified wine, and given thier circumstances you could hardly blame them. Lately I get approached for small amounts (typicaly 20p) for 'bus fare' or 'to make a phone call'. What is this all about? Are they really needing a few pence to make up the bus fare, or is this a technique of getting small amounts of money from many people? I never give them anything as I don't have a clue what they are really after.

Tonight I was approached outside the local SPAR and very politely asked "Good evening, can you spare me 3 pence?".

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

More blogs about travel.
Technorati Blog Finder