<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 08, 2002

I'm in charge of front seat Taxi direction this week as our regular man has left for the US. Even though I'm presented with a zero star driver as my first assignment, I feel I do OK. I'm still not convinced of the merits of the star rating system (star's appear underneath the Drivers ID on the front dash), two star drivers seem distinguishable from the one or zero star guys only by their age. We have to negotiate a number of taxi middlemen when locating a taxi in the mornings, and they invariably direct us towards a low star guy after seeing the locality of our destination (I assume they save the rich fares, airport runs and the like, for the senior guys). We've twice had a three star driver, one deserving of his rank as he wore white driving gloves and kept his cab chilled to at least 10C below the stifling heat outside - so welcome that we didn't want to get out.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

More blogs about travel.
Technorati Blog Finder